In this section, you will learn how to create and publish your first project by following 8 easy steps:
STEP 1: LOG INTO YOUR ACCOUNT
After you log in the first thing you will see is the Project List View in the CMS home page.
STEP 2: CREATE YOUR PROJECT
1. In the Project List View click Create Project
2. Type in the Name of your Project
3. Choose a Projection Mode
4. Click Create
5. You will now be in the Project View where you can configure your project.
STEP 3: SET UP YOUR PROJECT SUMMARY
In the Admin Panel at the top of the Project View you will find a project summary where you can set a title, description and admin thumbnail to help identify a project for internal use within the CMS.
You must set up your project summary in the Admin Panel.
1. Enter a Project Description (Optional)
2. Upload an Admin Thumbnail (Recommended)
3. Set a Project Duration (Mandatory) – This is the duration that will be displayed in the apps.
4. Enter a Vimeo Token (Mandatory if you are hosting your videos on Vimeo Pro)
STEP 4: ENABLE PUBLISHING PLATFORMS
Directly below the Admin Panel you will find the Project Global Settings Panel, where you need to enable the platforms that you want to publish your project on. You must choose at least one platform.
To enable platforms for publishing:
1. Click on the desired platform icons.
A blue platform icon means that this platform is enabled as a publishing destination for your project. A white platform icon means your project will not be published on that platform.
STEP 5: SETUP CONTENT LANGUAGES
Next, you need to set up the content languages of your project. You must choose at least one language.
1. Start typing the name of a language in the Enabled Content Languages field and choose it from the drop-down list.
Next, you have to define a default language:
1. Choose a default language in the Default Language Dropdown Box
STEP 6: SET UP YOUR PROJECT DESCRIPTION
Directly below the Global Settings Panel you will find the Platforms Detail Panel where you must enter your project details in the Descriptions Tab as they will appear in the apps.
Project descriptions are set up on a DEPLOYMENT basis.
What is a DEPLOYMENT?
A DEPLOYMENT is an important term in the CMS. A DEPLOYMENT is a distinct combination of platform and a language. So Android-English is a deployment. As well as iOS-English or iOS – French. The concept of deployments is important in the CMS as all projects are configured on a deployment basis.
You must set up the project description for at least one DEPLOYMENT (unique platform and language combination) to be able to publish a project.
To enter a project description:
1. Click the platform you want to modify.
2. Choose a Language from the Select Language Dropdown Box
3. Enter a Project Title (Mandatory)
4. Enter the Project Description (Mandatory)
5. Fill out the “Created By” Field (Optional)
6. Enter a URL (Optional)
7. Enter URL Link Text (Optional)
8. Press Update
STEP 7: DEFINE YOUR VIDEO PATHS
Before you can publish a project you need to configure the video hosting for your project. You can do this in the Videos Tab of the Platform Details Panel
There are two types of configurations you can choose from VIMEO and Custom Hosting:
STEP 8: PUBLISH YOUR PROJECT
You are now ready to publish your project. To publish your project follow these steps:
1. Choose the Deployment you wish to publish by choosing a platform and language.
2. Make sure that all items in the Publication Checklist are marked with a green checkmark.
3. Click the Publication Status Indicator and choose Published
4. Click the Publish Now Button to commit the change to the CMS.
5. Your chosen deployment is now live. The Publication date and time and are now indicated below the Publication Status Indicator.